OTR Pre Sales Engineer
El tipo de trabajo
Resumen de posición
The OTR Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. The PSE collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The PSE is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported. Reporting to the Sales Engineering Director, the PSE reports on a dotted line to the sales manager or business line manager responsible for the sales team supported.
Funciones laborales esenciales:
• Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by the sales manager.
• Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the company.
• Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
• Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ tires requirements.
• Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
• Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
• Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
• Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
• Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
• Ability to travel minimum 40% annually to customers, and other work-related locations as warranted.
Four year college degree from an accredited institution.
A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
Tire certification, engineering service credential, or equivalent technical credential.